Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Thing of Beauty . . .

Is . . .


Is . .


Is . . .


Is . . .


Is . . .


Is . . .


Is . . .

Um, okay. That's cute. We'll allow it.

Is . . .

Um, well, that's a dog sniffing for ground squirrels. Still cute, though. We'll allow it.

Is . . .

Oh--wait--what?


Okay, that's a zombie on a spit. That is not a thing of beauty at all. Unless you're my neighbor, in which case zombies on a spit are, in fact, joys forever.

Is . . .

Hmmm.

That answers that question. A thing of beauty is a joy for about four days.



And then it's a solid weekend of yard work.

4 comments:

Mary D. said...

Love that Japanese maple pic. Your neighborhood is very colorful. Tis the season for gnomes and zombies.

lucylucia said...

SO TRUE!! I think your fall colors are significantly nicer than the ones I've been seeing around here, though! And I want that elf house/trunk thing for Christmas.

Sarah M. Anderson said...

Lucy, I was thinking of you when I did the super close up!

Hannah said...

um, please procure the squirrel/elf house for me.

thankyouveddymuch!