Monday, May 21, 2012

Zombies by Inspirational Author Allie Pleiter


Welcome back, Allie! To talk about what every Love Inspired author is abuzz with right now . . . Zombies! (Really? Well, okay. Take it away, Allie!)

Zombies.

The Awesome Allie Pleiter,
Being Continually Awesome!
What’s the deal with every under-twenty male (and many over twenty, I might add) obsessing about zombies?  Are they the natural successor to vampire obsessions?  I shudder to think that vampires are the gateway drug to zombies.  Can cannibals (yes, I intended that alliteration) be far behind?

I don’t see an inspirational zombie romance in my professional future.  The folks at Love Inspired really would pitch fits if I pitched one, even as a joke (I considered it once...).  While zombies can somehow inhabit the world of Jane Austen, it seems my world isn’t ready for them.

With one exception.  I’ve decided I’ll write my son a zombie story for his 17th birthday next year.  Just to blow his teenage mind and to prove to myself that my muse really is a virtuoso beast.  It’ll be loads of fun, right?  Flesh-eating, brain munching zombies from the mind that brought you HOMEFRONT HERO?

Yeah, I didn’t think you’d go for it, either.  I’m harboring no delusions that this particular zombie tale will ever see publication.  I’ll never hand it over to my editor or agent unless its for laughs (or voluntary proofreading?).  This one’s just for an audience of one: my boy. 

These are the things we do as mothers.  We bend ourselves in ways that step into our children’s world.  We learn all the words to Raffi’s “Bananaphone,” or endure gangsta rap dreck coming out of our car stereo, or sit through the travesty that was the last Thomas the Tank Engine movie.  So, while I absolutely can’t see the humor in The Regular Show, I try to learn what he likes, how he sees the world, because I love him.

You’d think a woman who’s written a compelling novel about the Spanish Flu epidemic in WWI wouldn’t have to go so far to please a teenage boy.

You’d be wrong.

Allie Pleiter

Be sure to check out Allie's Latest Novel, Homefront Hero
Love Inspired Historical
May 2012
#978-0-373-82916-3

Back cover copy:
Dashing and valiantly wounded, Captain John Gallows could have stepped straight out of an army recruitment poster. Leanne Sample can't help being impressed—although the lovely Red Cross nurse tries to hide it. She knows better than to get attached to the daring captain who is only home to heal and help rally support for the war's final push. As soon as he's well enough, he'll rush back to Europe, back to war—and far away from South Carolina and Leanne. But when an epidemic strikes close to home, John comes to realize what it truly means to be a hero—Leanne's hero.




Author Bio:
An avid knitter, coffee junkie, and devoted chocoholic, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction.  The enthusiastic but slightly untidy mother of two, Allie spends her days writing books, buying yarn, and finding new ways to avoid housework.  Allie hails from Connecticut, moved to the midwest to attend Northwestern University, and currently lives outside Chicago, Illinois.  The “dare from a friend” to begin writing has produced two parenting books, fourteen novels, and various national speaking engagements on faith, women’s issues, and writing.  Visit her website at www.alliepleiter.com or her knitting blog at www.DestiKNITions.blogspot.com



2 comments:

Allie Pleiter said...

Delighted to be here!

Sarah M. Anderson said...

Thanks so much for stopping by, Allie! I'll never look at zombies quite the same way again!